The Washington State Orthopaedic Association listserv email forum is intended to facilitate dialogue and idea sharing about current orthopaedic medicine issues. All Board of Directors are encouraged to pose and respond to questions, participate in discussions, offer ideas and share experiences with others in the email forums.
A “listserv” refers to a computer mailing list server. The server is a program that contains the email addresses of those members or individuals who have been added to the list by the WSOA staff. The server is used to exchange emails between members. When an email is addressed to a listserv, the email is automatically sent to everyone on the list. When someone replies to the message, it is sent to the listserv, and then automatically distributed to everyone on the list.
- When you hit the “Reply” button, every member of the listserv will see your email.
- People value their time. Don’t use the listserv to pass on jokes or other messages not related to the interest of those on the listserv.
- The listserv is not to be used for employee recruitment or to share employee compensation.
- If you want your message to go only to the original sender, you should enter the address of the sender (or cut and paste it from the original message) into the “TO” line.
- Do not reply to a message to send a “thank you” or direct a comment/question to an individual. Please forward the message and send the email directly to that individual instead.
- At no time should discussions be initiated or information shared concerning medical service pricing or specific reimbursement rates due to possible antitrust violations.
- Do not pose questions or share information on specific vendor or practice rates. While not illegal, it can lead to unintended damaging consequences.
All messages are to be considered confidential. Do not forward or share listserv messages with anyone, including employees or vendors. Violation of this policy shall result in member termination.
Starting a Discussion
If you have a topic or question you would like to pose to the group, write it in an email with a subject line appropriate to the topic, and then send it to the listserv address: email@example.com. It will be automatically distributed to the email addresses of all the listserv members.
Listserv Is Used For Group Discussion
Only use the listserv for questions or topics that are appropriate for group discussion. If you would like to have a “one-to-one” conversation with someone, use his or her personal email address. People may get annoyed and even unsubscribe if the listserv is misused.
Responding to a Discussion
To respond to a discussion a member has started, please “Reply” to the message in your email program (you don’t need to “Reply to All” as the email is sent and received automatically to all parties through the email address of the listserv). Do not change the subject line on the email that you are replying to. This avoids confusion among listserv members, and all responses are also archived for future use by listserv members under the subject title. When responding, please reply to the last message sent, in order to keep the responses in chronological order.
If you want to change the subject of a discussion, do not reply to a previous email, but instead send a brand new email to the listserv address, with the new topic in the subject line. This avoids confusion to those receiving and replying to discussions, and also when searching through archived discussions later on, as archived messages are sorted by subject line topic.
Managing Message Load
It may be helpful to create a rule or filter to send all email from firstname.lastname@example.org into a folder dedicated to listserv email.
To be added to a WSOA Listserv
If you are a WSOA Member and wish to be added, send an email to email@example.com. Please provide your name, hospital or medical group, and the email address that you plan to use to receive and send messages.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In order to participate on the WSOA Listserv you must agree to the following terms and conditions. Violations of the following terms and conditions will result in immediate termination of listserv privileges.
- At no time should discussions be initiated or information shared concerning medical service pricing or specific reimbursement rates due to possible antitrust violations. As the provider of the email forums, WSOA strives to ensure that it and its members do not facilitate anticompetitive practices.
- Do not send messages with any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or anticompetitive information.
- All listserv messages are to be considered confidential. Do not forward or share listserv messages with anyone, including your employees. This forum is intended to be a professional venue where colleagues can openly share ideas and concerns. Violation of this policy shall result in member termination.
- Identify yourself and group with each listserv message that you send.
- Do NOT use the listserv for employment recruitment purposes. Please post an ad on the WSOA Career Center page.
- Be careful NOT to use the e-mail forums as a marketing channel for products or services.
- Do not include any information or other material protected by copyright without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
WSOA reserves the right to terminate use of the email forum to any user who does not abide by these terms and conditions.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DISCLIAMER OF WARRANTY
WSOA does not preview nor censor (edit) any messages. WSOA is the distributor, not the publisher, of the information posted. WSOA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted by users. All policies of WSOA, including its antitrust compliance policy, apply to use of the association’s online service.
This service is provided free of charge and “as is.” WSOA (including its employees and agents) assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of the information herein, (or from use of the information obtained at internet addresses) or in any respect for the content of such information, including (but not limited to) errors or omission, the accuracy or reasonableness of factual or scientific assumptions, studies or conclusions, the defamatory nature of statements, ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights, and the violation of property, privacy, or personal rights of others.
WSOA is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on such information. No guarantees or warranties, including (but not limited to) any express or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use or purpose, are made by WSOA with respect to such information.